This step-by-step guide will help to get the ball rolling!
1. View the Property: Most of our units are available for immediate viewing. If you are moving from out of town and are unable to view the property yourself, we strongly encourage you to have a family member, friend, or coworker visit the home before you putting in an application.
2. Fill out the Application: Review our Rental Guidelines to get an idea of our criteria and expectations. Please note that we can make exceptions. If we do have to overcome an issue (such as a poor reference, lack of job, or bankruptcy), we will often require additional security deposit. Our Application can be found online.
- Fill out the application completely.
- Detail any negative information we may find in our screening on the back of the application. The more we know up front the more we can overcome if needed. If there is something you put on the application that we cannot overcome, we will not process it and return your application fee to you.
3. Submit the application, income verification, and the application fee to our office. Each adult applicant needs to complete an application.
We will answer all special requests or repair concerns prior to running your application. If we cannot resolve the matter, we will return the application fee. Occasionally an owner will request that we run your application before answering your request (such as having a pet or being able to paint). If we have to run your application through our screening process, your application fee will not be returned. Applications typically take 1-2 days to process depending on how quickly we are able to get responses from your previous Landlords or Employers. Be sure to inform your current Landlord that you are moving.
4. Application Approval: Once you have been notified that your application has been approved, you will need to sign the lease and pay the security deposit within 48hrs. The lease will be sent to you for electronic signature unless you have made alternative arrangements. If for any reason you are unable to sign the lease and pay the deposit within the required timeframe, we will continue to accept applications for the property.
Approval with Conditions: We sometimes approve applications with certain conditions. In these situations we may require the tenant to pay an additional security deposit. Typical additional deposit requirements could be a need for 1.5x to 2x the deposit for the home. If we offer the home to you with conditions, you must respond to Sloane Realty within 36 hours. After that time, we will move on to the next application. If we have not approved the next application, you can still rent the home if you accept the additional requirements.
Please note: If you have been denied the opportunity to sign a lease, you will be sent a denial letter. You will be given an opportunity to receive a free copy of your credit report. Please do not ask us for specific details regarding your credit report; unfortunately, we are not authorized to discuss this with you. We are forbidden by law and company policy to provide any credit counseling. If you feel our decision has been based on inaccurate information (name confusion, stolen identity, or any other reason), please help us to approve your application by providing documentation to support your claim. Sloane Realty is not obligated to seek extra information to clear up any discrepancies found during your approval process.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please contact our office.